YOU’RE ALMOST DONE!
You’re almost ready to receive the guide which was created entirely at my expense. However, as you’re probably well aware, I need to verify that it is actually you who requested this guide by confirming your email address.
You will receive the confirmation email from email@example.com with the subject [John Nolan Resilience Coach] Please Confirm Your Email
Having trouble? Please click here to check out the list of guidelines I made to help you out.
Easy steps to confirm your email address
STEP 1 : Check your Email Inbox
Go to the inbox of the email address that you just used to sign up.
STEP 2 : Open the Confirmation Email
Find and open the email sent by ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
If you can’t find it in your Inbox, please check your spam/junk folders. Make sure that you mark my mail as ‘not spam’ or ‘not junk’ so you’ll be able to receive my future emails. Click here to know how.
STEP 3: Click the Confirmation link
Click on the link to confirm your email.
Can’t find my email?
If you can’t find my email in your Inbox, then please check your Spam or Junk folder. Otherwise if you have an email spam protection system, then please add ‘email@example.com‘ to your ‘Whitelist.’ Adding my mail to your whitelist will ensure that all my emails will reach your inbox in the future.
Each email client or email spam protection system varies. However, here are some ideas on how to do it.
(Click on the corresponding question below to see the guidelines)
Where can I find my spam or junk folder?
- Log in to your email client (yahoo, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, outlook, etc).
- Go over to your email dashboard found usually at the left sidebar of your screen. If you’re using mobile, find the ‘menu‘ button, usually looks like a three horizontal lines and it can be usually found at the top of your mobile screen.
- Find your Spam or Junk folder under the same list as your Inbox. The list might be long, so make sure to click ‘more’ to open the whole list or to scroll down to view it.
- Once found, click the folder to open and view your spam or junk messages.
How to mark an email ‘not spam’ or ‘not junk’?
Inside your spam or junk folder are the emails that are marked as spam or junk. To be able to make an email appear on your inbox instead of seeing it on your spam or junk folder, you need to mark it as a ‘not spam’ or ‘not junk.’ Here’s a quick way to do it:
- Right click on the email, and click ‘Mark as not junk’ or ‘Mark as not spam’ or just ‘Not spam’ or ‘Not junk.’ The email will be added to your Inbox immediately after.
How to ‘whitelist’ an email address?
To whitelist an email address means you add them to your approved senders list. You use this to make sure that all the emails from the whitelisted list will be sent to your Inbox folder. Hence, you’ll be able to receive and read it.
Here’s an article about how to whitelist an email address. Click here to see it.
Still can’t find my mail? Send me a message here. Please include the email address you used to signup.